comic book and cartoon pictures

content down here

Monday, January 23, 2012

This Is Now A Comics Blog

I've been thinking about making this into a blog about comic books from the 20th century. So, why not?
I'll start with some pages from Eerie magazine, 1967.



Cover by Gray Morrow. I love these old painted covers!

From the story Warrior of Death, illustrated by Steve Ditko.

From Voodoo Drum, by Neal Adams.

From For the Birds by Gene Colan. FYI he's listed in the credits as Eugene even though he himself signs his work simply 'Gene'. For some reason that amuses me, hehe.

(And by the way, all three stories were written by Archie Goodwin, who was also the editor.)


So, three different artists with three different styles. Personally out of the three showcased here I have to give the prize to Mr. Ditko. In my opinion he did better stuff for Warren Comics than for Marvel. You know, I can't say enough good things about the Silver Age of comics. Of course some people disagree and dismiss it as campy, goofy kid's stuff. I won't argue that point, as a good bit of it was a campy goof-fest. It's still my favorite comics era, even though I think Bronze had better stories. Just because something is better doesn't mean it's your favorite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment